Terms and Conditions
- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean PC Electricals.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the Company at its absolute discretion.
- An instruction by the Customer to the Company to carry out work, whether written or verbal will be taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed below.
Quotes and Invoices
- A quote is given as an approximate price calculated with all reasonable care by use of the available and visible information obtained, it will be given where an exact price is impossible to give due to lack of information or inaccessible installations.
- Where a written quote has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the quote should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:—
i. if after submission of the quote the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the original quote supplied;
ii. if after submission of the quote there is an increase in the price of materials;
iii. if after submission of the quote it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the quote was prepared;
iv. if after submission of the quote it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the original quote was prepared.Any further work requested by the Customer will be accepted, and if required a new quote or an updated quote will be provided by the Company.
3. Variations to the quote, or additional work required will be detailed by the Customer as soon as possible.
4. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company and the amount of time spent by the Company in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable
5. For work of an estimated protracted period of more than 4 weeks, the Company will invoice clients on a two weekly period for materials and labour costs used in that time frame.
6. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to the Customer. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid after that time shall carry interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company, at the Company's discretion.
7. The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company's account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) & receiving a written quote) the name of the third party appears on the written quote.
- Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the Company & payment in full has been made.
- Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the Company will not be guaranteed.The Company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the Customer has been notified by the Company either verbally or written of any other related work which requires attention.
Electrical Works, Materials and Equipment
- Should any Emergency work be required the Company will endeavor to contact the Customer to discuss the safest solution. If urgent work is required and the Customer is not available, the Company will endeavor to carry out the work using the safest and most cost effective solution to the Customer unless expressly forbidden beforehand. This work will be chargeable to the Customer. This may result in certain circuits being isolated until a safe and cost effective solution can be found.
- All work will be carried out by suitably qualified and competent engineers employed by the Company and will comply with all relevant and current British Standards alongside other applicable regulations.
- All work will be ‘made good’ by the Company; this is limited to the re-fitment of floor boarding and carpets but does not include redecoration.
- All electrical materials and accessories will remain the property of the Company until final payment of invoices is received.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to fit sub-standard, non-compliant accessories or equipment supplied by the Customer. Quotes tendered by the Company are based on the fitting of standard electrical accessories which will be supplied by the Company. Accessories that require excessive preparation, modification or non standard fitment may incur extra cost to the Customer.
- Whilst undertaking testing works and periodic inspections, it is the responsibility of the Customer to disconnect from the mains any sensitive equipment which will be damaged by high voltages, this may include computers, telephones, charging equipment and kitchen appliances. The Customer must inform the Company if they suspect that any PIR outside lighting equipment may be connected to the socket ring main.
- Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company will endeavor to contact the Customer where possible to advise of any such issues. The Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
- If, after the Company have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 6 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
- The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
- These terms & conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contract with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
VAT No: 412 8585 91